July 2, 2008

Crash, Boom, Bang!

Photobucket

Trying to decide where to take Jakob to watch the fireworks on Friday.

If you know me, you know that I hate fireworks. Well, let me rephrase that. I love to watch fireworks, I hate the loudness of them. I will be 33 this year and I still flinch & plug my ears. Growing up my aunt would have a big bbq and the whole family would be there for the 4th, I would hide in the house with my Aunts’ dog, Gollie, during the fireworks display. We’d hide under a bed, in a closet, once they even found the dog & I in the bathtub with the curtain closed.

Now, as a mother, I try to mask my fear so not to pass it along to my son. Ha...as if Jakob would ever be afraid. He thinks anything that explodes loudly is cool, don’t most boys?

My boss has invited me & the guys to the country club as her family’s guests...I love being a charity case for the rich. So I called Aaron to let him know and to offer a few other options, he voted country club. So I guess after a bbq at my parents house we’ll head out and meet my boss, on a holiday, on my day off....I wonder if Aaron would want to hang with his boss on his day off?

On the bright side we won’t get eaten alive by mosquitos because according to my husband even THEY need a membership to get into the country club.

No comments: