January 23, 2010

We Belong Together

I am sitting here this morning, using Jonah's laptop, surfing the web (do people still say that?), with a super special cake baking in the oven. I am so domesticated!

The super special cake in my oven is a birthday cake. A birthday cake for one of my most favorite people on the planet. Today is Aaron's 37th birthday! We have quite a night planned. We have dinner reservations at (the amazing) Hutches, followed by cake & pressies with the family & friends at our place, ROCKBAND!, and a whole lot of lovin'!

I love Aaron's birthday. It falls at a perfect time of year, when everyone is hunkered down and hibernating trying to escape the cold of January we are able to gather and celebrate. Today happens to be a beautiful day outside, the sun is shining and the temperature is warm-ish.

I love Aaron's birthday because he never really looks forward to growing another year older (who does?) so every year I try to make it super special so he doesn't mind the day (he usually ends up having fun).

I love Aaron's birthday because without him in my life I don't know where I'd be. He makes me happy, he makes me laugh, he makes me feel beautiful, he gives me faith, he is a wonderful husband, father & friend.

I am so lucky that January 23rd is such an important day in my life. It's one of my favorite days of the year!

Happy Birthday Sweetheart, I love you so very much!

1 comment:

Mishelle said...

Happy Birthday, A-bomb!