September 15, 2010

On Blogging

On Blogging

I was recently reading Momo's blog.  She has been struggling with the idea of quitting.  I don't think she should.  She is brilliant, just like many of the other bloggers I enjoy.  I know she has a huge support group ready to rally around her, not wanting to see her go, but ultimately the decision is hers. 

There are so many wonderful blogs out there just wizzing around the internets.  Mommy blogs, Daddy blogs, Parenting blogs, Sports blogs, Photography blogs and so on.  I've seen the good of the blog-o-sphere, I have seen support given, donations made, love shared, broken souls soothed.

I have cried rivers of tears for strangers.  I have had my heart nearly explode with happiness for strangers.  I have prayed for the well-being of strangers.  I have learned beautiful life lessons from strangers.  All because of this wonderful thing called blogging.  And I believe I am a better person for it.

I started my blog a few years back.  I'm not an everyday blogger, I don't have a huge following, I don't advertise myself on my facebook or other sites.  I blog for my family and friends both near and far who care to follow our life.  I blog knowing that others can read my words and see my photographs.  I blog to reconnect with friends and make new ones.  I blog to keep record of the crazy goings on in my day to day life.  I blog to record life for my son.  But ultimately I blog for myself.

I've never asked anyone to read my blog.  I've never asked anyone not to read my blog. 

There are always those who will spew their negitive.  Those who want nothing to do with your day to day real life but can't wait to google and judge.  I feel sorry for people like that but there isn't anything I can do to change them.  All I can do is continue being me.

1 comment:

Secret Agent Mama said...

Blogging won you some Pleated Poppy Posies. Go see: www.secretagentmama.com, yo!