May 13, 2008

Leave A Candle in the Window

Photobucket

I met with an old friend this morning for coffee, before work. I've been getting up, ready and out the door earlier these days. Not sure why. It was refreshing to see him. He is one of my oldest and dearest friends, he always knows how to cheer me up or the right words to say.

I was telling him about Aaron's cousin passing away and how her middle child is still heavy on my mind. I told him I had felt like she was the forgotten one. I don't know why I feel like that but I do. I think about how through this whole rotten experience she kept coming to me, making eye contact with me, she could be clear across the room and she'd know where I was. I sat with her, played with her, let her play with my camera until she killed the battery...stinker!

And I said to my friend, I don't know what attracked me to her so much and visa versa and he simply said, "Maybe to her, you felt like home."

For Sammy's sake, I hope I did.

No comments: