September 1, 2009

Scatter, Little Leaves, In the Warm September Sun

Photobucket
It's that time of year again, my very favorite time of year. I love the fall, there is so much to look forward to before a long, drawn out winter. It's almost like the sweet before the sour, ya know?
Mornings and evenings are crisper, requiring a sweatshirt and slippers, perfect for snuggling. The afternoon sun still trying to desperately hold onto the warm temperatures of summer.
The colors on the trees are beginning to change. Soon they will be on fire with red, gold and orange leaves.

The smell in the air has changed. I'm burning candles that smell like pumpkin pie and spiced apple cider. My mind is beginning to think of Halloween and what costume Jakob will wear. Trips to the cider mill and our annual trip to Kelkenberg Farm.

If I close my eyes I can smell the jack-0-lantern glowing as we sit and watch The Legend of Sleepy Hallow...always a favorite since I was a little girl.

What a wonderful time of year!

No comments: