September 14, 2009

We're Mr. & Mrs. Smoke and Things Are Finally Clickin'

Photobucket
We had quite a full and tiring weekend, but a good one at that.

Aaron worked roughly 26 hours in a 42 hour period.

I took Jakob to a Sabres open practice downtown at the Arena and then off to the flea market. Grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning...Saturday rituals.

Later that night I offered to babysit our neighbors 9 month old son so the young couple could have some alone time. Aaron was working and Jakob and I had fun playing with Aiden. I was able to get the baby to sleep and I snuggled him on the couch, humming the song I used to sing to Jakob. Aiden asleep in my arms and Jakob asleep with his head on my lap. It made me think of what it would be like to have 2 boys, and I can't lie, there was sweetness there.

Finally, on Sunday evening, our family of three was able to go out to dinner, we dropped in to Cold Stone Creamery for a refreshing treat and before heading home a quick stop at our favorite music store to buy a much anticipated new album.

Photobucket

The weekend ended with just Aaron and I laying in bed, listening to Gordon Downy's sweet voice relax our busy heads, candles burning, a cool autumn breeze coming in through our window.

Bliss.

No comments: