December 31, 2009

We’ll Tak a Cup of Kindness Yet, For Auld Lang Syne!

As the clock struck midnight we waited, at least 10 seconds, when the world didn't implode we shouted HAPPY NEW YEAR and welcomed the year 2000! 

In the year 2000 I was single, working two jobs, hanging out at the coffee house a friend owned.  I was still living at home with no real responsibilities.  Boy, how times have changed.

I rang in 2001 with my hot boyfriend, Aaron.  A tradition would begin where we would celebrate the eve of the New Year with Mike & Mishelle and their family.  A big dinner would be made, margarita's consumed, euchre played and laughs shared.

2002 found me a married woman.  Living blissfully in a one bedroom apartment in the house my cousin owned.  Jobs had changed, friends stayed the same.

2003 was kind of a blur. I'm sure lots happened, I just don't remember.

2004 was welcomed as my pregnant belly grew.  We were expecting our first (and only) child.  Life was changing.

I watched the ball drop as I rocked my son, I whispered "Happy New Year Baby Boy" as his daddy snored on the couch...that was 2005.


2006 to 2009 has been a crazy period of time filled with laughter, tears, hard times, great times, marriages, babies born, loved ones gone, pre-school, grade school, new friends, old friends, mended friendships, hearts broken, new jobs, sobriety, renewed love, trust, hope & faith.


I cannot wait to see how this decade wraps up because it certainly has kept me on my toes!


Happy New Year!!!

No comments: