May 22, 2010

Did You Know that the Birds Start Chirping at 4 a.m.?

I think one of the most wonderful sounds is that of birds chirping, especially after a long winter.  Their sweet sweet song is music to my ears every March.  It means Spring and that our feathered friends have returned.  But at four in the morning, after a full day of zillions of kids running around in the yard, a surprise visit from an old friend that lasted WAY later then anticipated and when I am just settling into bed...not so much.  And why is it on the one night a year that I stay up to a ridiculous hour Jakob decides to get up five minutes after I've just laid down?  Murphy's Law?

Thank God for the rain today.  It means inside, cartoons, quiet play time in one's own bedroom.  It means cool breezes, delicious naps and maybe a quick trip to Family Video.  It means comfy clothes ALL day.  Mmmmmmmm, I love me some rain.

The upcoming week brings with it much warmer temperatures.  It brings returning to work after having off since Wednesday.  It brings uncertainty and excitement.  It brings outside play until dark, a zillion kids running and laughing in the yard.  It brings chirping birds at four in the morning. 

Music to my ears.

1 comment:

Momo Fali said...

My neighbor loves to feed the birds. She recently bought some new bird houses and was telling me that she hoped it would attract some certain type of bird because they sing so sweet. I replied, "Nothing sounds sweet at four in the morning."

Her husband laughed, but I don't think she thought it was very funny!