May 10, 2010

A Whole New World

A Whole New World

Photography has always been a deep love of mine.  There is something about capturing an image, a moment in time, that you wish would last forever...and with a photograph, it can!
I've always been the one with my face behind the camera, by choice.  I have taken photos as a hobby since I was a little girl.  I have managed a professional photography studio.  I have taken portraits for friends.  I have disc after disc with hundreds of pictures. 

I have used many different cameras over the years.  My camera(s) have been trusted friends, always within reach.  I have been pining for a DSLR for awhile now, wishing on stars.  Aaron has known this for a long time.  So, this year after we had our taxes done we talked and my wish came true.

I'm going to be honest and tell you that for the first 48 hours, I didn't touch the camera.  I didn't charge up her battery, I didn't thumb through the manual...what I did was get a whole lot of stage fright.  Once that passed  and with the help of a gifted photog friend I gave into my fears and started clicking...

...and I haven't stopped!

No comments: