July 18, 2010

Spontaneous

Last evening my cousin Laurie called me and asked if I wanted to go with her to Hamburg Beach to watch the sunset and take some photos.  Hamburg Beach is only open to residents of Hamburg and seeing as though Laurie is a resident I accepted her invitation.  I hadn't been to Hamburg Beach since being a teenage girl.  We would park on side streets and wait for the sun to go down completely before sneaking onto the beach.  Yesterday I was there "legally" and able to enjoy the sunset.

We picked up my cousin Jim's boy on the way and what fun he and Jakob had.  The giggles, the screams, the squeals against the crash of the waves was music to my ears.  They got their shorts all good and wet.  Sand stuck to their bottoms. 

Once the sun went down we all agreed that a perfect capper on a perfect evening would be ice cream cones from Tony's.  So, with the boys in their underwear we wandered in ten minutes before closing time.  We ate our cones on the old wooden deck out back and watched the go-carts wizz around all the corners next door.

We got back to Laurie's house to pick up our car and with a grin as wide as I don't know what Jakob exclaimed "THANK YOU AUNT LAURIE!  THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!  WE LOVE YOU!!!"

Cousins

Double Fisted

Favorite of the Evening

Hamburg Beach

A Walk on the Beach

"THANK YOU AUNT LAURIE! THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN! WE LOVE YOU!!!"

No comments: