June 9, 2008

Today Is Your Birthday/We're Gonna Have a Good Time

Dear Jakob,

Today you are four. My goodness, where has the time gone son? Seems like just yesterday we brought you home to an apartment we had just moved into days before. As a new born, you were wonderful, I was blessed. I still am.

Photobucket

Over the last four years I’ve watched you become the little man you are today. People cannot believe it when you open your mouth and starting talking. If I had a dime for every time someone said to me “are you sure he’s not forty?” we’d be rich! You intelligence is astounding. You retain concepts that most people your age (or mine) cannot and then you turn around and deliver it back in correct content.

Your sense of humor? Don’t get me started! You’ve had me in tears more times then not. With your silly songs, huge imagination and your hysterical jokes! I already know that once you start school there will be letters from the teacher about your sense of humor...I can’t wait!

But most of all what I love and admire about you most is your heart. You are one of the sweetest boys I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. You are the light of my life and you bring joy to everyone and everything, even when you are flipping out over something silly and screaming at the top of your lungs...yes, I love you then too.

Thank you for coming into my life. You are showing me things and teaching me lessons that no one else on this earth could. Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

Photobucket

Love,
Mama

No comments: